How did I get Here?

Monday, April 04, 2005

39 but feeling 20 Something

Today is my 39th Birthday. As is lie in bed I wonder where has the time gone. I can remember my first day in school. I can recall sitting on the bus and stretching my neck to look out the window. I even remember that my class had sliced peaches for dessert that day. Although I'm married now in pretty good shape with 3 kids, a minivan, a luxury car, a mortgage and a dog, I don't feel 39. If there is a specific feeling for 39 I wouldn't know what it is anyway. I thought I would have a nice quiet day at home to contemplate and meditate on what being 39 means to me but those plans are gone, now that my 5 year old daughter walks into my bedroom to proclaim that Spring Break from school starts today. She looks at me and says " Happy Birthday Daddy"!! and politely says "How old are you"? I respond in a quiet kind of way "I'm 39"... she ponders for a moment and says" You 'll be 40 next year Daddy and that means your getting old". Well, who needs meditation and contemplation anyway when you've got a 5 year old little girl to put it all in perspective for you.

2 Comments:

  • Happy Birthday Derrick! Nice Blog - you did a great job. Remember you are only as old as you feel. Enjoy your day!

    By Blogger CMB, at 8:52 AM  

  • When the heck are you going to post again??????

    By Blogger CMB, at 6:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home